The Baratza Sette 270Wi grinder is the newest coffee grinder to include groundbreaking enhancements by Baratza and features over 40 improvements from the previous model, the 270W.
Here’s what’s new:
- The “i” indicates “intelligence”, as the built-in Acaia scale can now learn from itself, dosing by weight more consistently every time.
- The Acaia scale can now account for micro-vibrations when dosing, like doors shutting, people walking by, or bumping into the grinder.
- A “quick burst” feature allows you to add a small amount of grounds at any time.
- Software updates can be installed wirelessly via the Bluetooth app.
Departing from typical design, the Sette 270wi features a rotating outer burr, and a fixed inner burr. Rotation via the outer burr enables the steel 40mm conical burrs to grind between 3.5g and 5.5g of coffee per second, which is significantly faster than other grinders this size.
The burrs are engineered to stay sharp for and perfectly aligned in the grinder for years, and they also retain far fewer grounds than rival models. Baratza’s revolutionary gear drive system makes for an ultra-efficient gear box, which reduces the gear speed by 19:1.
The Sette 270wi has 30 macro grind settings that are suitable for espresso through to Chemex size grind. Each macro setting has 9 additional micro settings that give you complete control over the grind so you can brew coffee that’s dialed into your unique preferences. You can even grind straight into a portafilter or coffee brewer, thanks to the convertible holder.
The grinder’s built-in Acaia scale was somewhat inaccurate in previous models, but they’ve really hit the bullseye with the 270Wi model. Not only is it precise to a tenth of a gram, but it learns from itself, becoming more and more accurate over time. It can even account for micro vibrations like a door shutting nearby to ensure accuracy is maintained.
The LED display allows you to program 3 dosing amounts, which makes weighing out coffee quick and painless, and software updates are easy as connecting the grinder to your phone via bluetooth.
*Please note the Sette 270Wi is not suitable for methods that require a very coarse grind size like French Press and Cold Brew.
Baratza Sette Sette 270Wi Features
- Steel 40mm Conical Burrs - Grind 3.5g to 5.5 g/sec. with breakthrough rotating outer burr.
- 40+ Improvements — Includes a variety of accuracy, efficiency, and durability improvements over the original 270W model, as well as some “intelligent” features.
- Ever-Learning Grinding — The weight-based dosing becomes more accurate over time, thanks to new self-learning tech in the Acaia scale.
- Updated Gear Box - 19:1 speed reduction with a combination planetary gear box and patented crown gear drive system.
- Programmable Dosing - LED display to program dosing weight to 0.1g on three settings.
- Grind Adjustment - 30 macro and 9 micro adjustments to achieve your ideal grind size.
- Works With Any Brewer - Suitable for espresso to Chemex, and everything in between.
- Device Holder - Built-in convertible holder for grinding directly into brewing devices and portafilters.
- Minimal Ground Retention - Retains less ground coffee, reducing waste.
- Recommended for up to 1kg/day max - suitable for domestic use or low consumption work/office use.
This product includes:
- 1 x Baratza Sette Sette 270Wi
|Speed to Grind
|Espresso 3.5g/sec, Manual Brewing 5.5g/sec
|40mm Steel by Etzinger
|Grounds Bin Capacity
|13 / 40 / 24 cm
* Rural and remote areas may attract longer shipping times but we make every effort to ensure we provide the fastest delivery times possible.
* Please note bulky orders to rural, remote & offshore areas in excess of 25kg may attract additional delivery fees.
Orders placed before 3pm AEST each day will be dispatched on the same day, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays and weekends.
Delivery times above are estimates only. Delivery times apply from the date of dispatch, not the date orders are received and refer to business days not calendar days. We make every attempt to ensure all deliveries arrive within the estimated time frames above however sometimes events occur that are out of our control. If your order is more than 2 business days late based on the above guidelines please contact us and provide your name, order number and date of order.
Authority to Leave Terms and Conditions
By ticking the Authority to Leave box at the checkout page on the website when placing an order, Alternative Brewing’s agent/delivery partner will leave your parcel at your unattended premises in accordance with your instructions.
By providing Authority to Leave you agree that the parcel is deemed to have been received when left at your premises.
Alternative Brewing, and its agents/delivery partners associated with the delivery of your parcel, do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may result from you providing Authority to Leave for your delivery. You agree to release Alternative Brewing from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses, including financial and other consequential losses, made, suffered or incurred by you or any other person or entity as a result of your election to choose Authority to Leave for your delivery.
If you do not provide Alternative Brewing Authority to Leave for your delivery, you will have to be at your premises in order for the delivery to occur.